Welcome to PZMC!
PZ Math Camp: Number Theory & The Art of Mathematical Thinking.
Formerly run as the Williams College Math Camp (WCMC), PZMC is the same camp with a new name. Same structure, same instructors, same location, same content!
PZMC is a residential math camp for about 20 mathematically gifted high school students who have completed or are currently enrolled in Algebra 2 or its equivalent. Students will be exposed to several different areas of mathematics through colloquia and other activities, but the primary focus of the camp will be Number Theory & The Art of Mathematical Thinking. Students will learn to explore the theory of numbers by asking thoughtful questions, working out examples, looking for patterns, making conjectures, and finally, proving their results.
We are extending the deadline for applications until April 24th. As of right now, we are still hoping to run camp in person as usual, but will update this page with more information if Williams College cancels in-person summer programs.
PZMC 2020 will take place from June 28 – July 8, 2020.
PZMC will take place remotely this year at a reduced price. Participants will be notified of more information at time of acceptance.
Applications are now open at:
Please note that, as of now, we are planning to run camp as usual. We will update this page if that changes.
Tuition includes the following:
- 3 meals per day, typically at a Williams College dining hall with vegetarian and vegan options
- Lodging in private rooms (shared bathrooms) on single-sex floors in a Williams College dorm
- PZMC t-shirt
- Field trip to MASS MoCA, including tour of the Sol Le Witt exhibit
- Private planetarium showing at Williams College
- Guest lectures by award-winning faculty
- 2 teaching assistants/residential advisors
- Social activities including scavenger hunt, hiking, math movie nights, and July 4th festivities
- Access to the Williams College Libraries
- Access to Williams College facilities including gym and pool