Welcome to PZMC!
PZ Math Camp: Number Theory & The Art of Mathematical Thinking.
Formerly run as the Williams College Math Camp (WCMC), PZMC is the same camp with a new name. Same structure, same instructors, same location, same content!
PZMC is a residential math camp for about 20 mathematically gifted high school students who have completed or are currently enrolled in Algebra 2 or its equivalent. Students will be exposed to several different areas of mathematics through colloquia and other activities, but the primary focus of the camp will be Number Theory & The Art of Mathematical Thinking. Students will learn to explore the theory of numbers by asking thoughtful questions, working out examples, looking for patterns, making conjectures, and finally, proving their results.
We do not yet know if PZMC will be remote this year or at Williams College; we will not ask accepted students to make a decision on attending before we have this information.
PZMC 2021 will take place from July 5 – July 14, 2021.
Applications are now open on the website below, and are due Friday April 23rd.
Tuition for in-person camp includes the following:
- 3 meals per day, typically at a Williams College dining hall with vegetarian and vegan options
- Lodging in private rooms (shared bathrooms) on single-sex floors in a Williams College dorm
- PZMC t-shirt
- Field trip to MASS MoCA, including tour of the Sol Le Witt exhibit
- Private planetarium showing at Williams College
- Guest lectures by award-winning faculty
- 2 teaching assistants/residential advisors
- Social activities including scavenger hunt, hiking, math movie nights, and July 4th festivities
- Access to the Williams College Libraries
- Access to Williams College facilities including gym and pool